Have you broken any of these rules?
Depending on how your local racetrack is laid out – there are different unspoken rules about how to park in the pits, which pit roads are “one way”, etc. There are a few things you can do to be sure you are being respectful to everyone at the track. Here is a short list:
- Throw away bottle tops into the trash can (they can slice slicks)
- Don’t litter (it can blow into your engine or distract drivers on the track)
- Don’t park in front of someone else’s trailer.
- If you are driving a hot rod, don’t drink alcohol
- If walking through the pits, get to the side! Racers coming back from a run need to get to their pit to cool their engines. Give hot rods and drag bikes the right-of-way.
Do you have any suggestions for additional pit manners? Let us know! Email us firstname.lastname@example.org